There are always ways to turn bad into good. However, this is especially true with search engine optimization. People have been using questionable techniques to rank high in search engines for years. As a result, people have been penalized on or even banned from search engines for years. But nobody said you can’t turn blackhat SEO into whitehat SEO and bring big results with no risk of penalization. Plus, knowing how to turn unethical to ethical unlimits the quantity and quality of the techniques you can use optimize your website for maximum exposure coming from search engines.
This can be done relatively easily. To start, think of a blackhat search engine optimization technique that you know about. Next, think about what makes your technique unethical. For example, if you think of keyword stuffing, the part of keyword stuffing that makes it a blackhat technique is the fact that you are overusing keywords in your page intentially.
So the next step is to extract the whitehat part of your technique and make it seperate from the blackhat part. So continuing from my previous example, with keyword stuffing, if you take out the part where you are stuffing keywords into your page, you end up with the most powerful whitehat content writing search engine optimization tip ever: use important keywords in your content. Although writing content with keywords is nothing new, you now see the power of coming up with new ethical and organic SEO techniques by bouncing off blackhat ones.
- Question: What makes blog spamming a blackhat technique? Answer: The fact that it is spamming.
- Take spamming out of the equation, and we have a whitehat technique.
Blog commenting, although I personally use it more for building relationships with other bloggers, can easily be used to build powerful backlinks. Think about it. Dofollow blog comments are links from powerful blog posts from powerful bloggers in your niche. Plus, blog comments are a great way to have a discussion not only with a blogger, but other commentators!
- Question: What makes cloaking a blackhat technique? Answer: The fact that you are showing one page to users and another to search engines makes cloaking a blackhat technique. Plus, the page that you show to search engines probably uses other blackhat techniques like keyword stuffing.
- Take all of that blackhat stuff out of cloaking, and what do we have? The most powerful content writing SEO technique ever.
We have the same technique we get from “whitehatifying” keyword stuffing. Writing great, keyword-rich content and showing the same page to users and search engines is as organic as you can get. One tip I can give you on it is to always think of search engine optimization during your writing. This will have a very positive effect on the on-page optimization of your content.
Mass Article Submission
- Question: What makes mass article submission a blackhat technique? Answer: With mass article submission, you are submitting the same (often bad) content to hundreds or even thousands of websites.
- Extract the blackhat part of mass article submission out and what do you get? Guest posting.
Guest posting is amazingly powerful, and not just on an SEO level. It brings dofollow backlinks from the powerful pages of other bloggers, but it also has the potential to drive thousands of targeted readers to your website, and all after the the effort of writing a single article. If you aren’t familiar with guest posting, learn more: The Power Of Guest Posting.
Finding clever and powerful search engine optimization techniques doesn’t have to be hard, especially now that you know how to turn blackhat SEO into whitehat SEO to bring results.